No matter how rigorous your diet and exercise programs are, there are always specific areas of the body where the hardly deposited fats are almost impossible to remove. One example is the excess skin and fat problems around the abdomen area. If the natural alternatives are not that effective, you can alternately choose to undergo the Tummy Tuck procedure.
A brief background on this procedure
A tummy tuck in our Tucson office is just one of the numerous cosmetic procedures performed to improve the appearance and contour of the body. The main objective of this procedure is the elimination of excess fat and sagging skin lying on the middle and lower parts of the abdomen making the skin and muscles tighter for an improved body contour. It’s an invasive procedure which involves the manual cutting and removal of the fat and skin. The medical term for this procedure is abdominoplasty.
There are two types of abdominoplasty; either the complete or the partial. The complete or full abdominoplasty is intended for the larger excess skin and fat problems while the partial is intended for the minor belly problems. During the procedure, the cosmetic surgeon will draw a pattern for the incision on the patient’s abdomen. After which, incisions are made to expose the inner skin and fat to be removed and the muscles to be tightened. The excess fat and skin that sags are then detached. To sculpt and refine the surrounding area, the liposuction procedure may also be administered. Tummy Tuck is then finalized by stretching and tucking the remaining muscles and skin together. Dependent on the scale of the excess skin and fat problem, the procedure could last from 1 to 5 hours.
Other variations of your Tucson Tummy Tuck
Aside from the complete and partial abdominoplasty, there are other procedural variations of the Tummy Tuck.
– Extended abdominoplasty. Aside from the complete abdominoplasty, this procedure is also performed with a lateral thigh lift to shape and contour the upper thighs.
– High lateral tension abdominoplasty. If the conventional abdominoplasty involves the vertical tightening of the muscles, the high lateral tension abdominoplasty combines both the vertical and horizontal tightening. Although it’s an extensive procedure, it produces better results and a firmer body.
– Floating abdominoplasty. Conventional Tummy Tuck cuts through the belly button. But for the floating abdominoplasty or FAB technique, smaller incisions are made around it after which, the belly button is temporarily detached. After the removal of excess fat and skin, the belly button is then reattached.
– Circumferential abdominoplasty. The circumferential type of abdominoplasty simply combines the abdomen lifting plus buttock lifting.
Who will benefit from the Tummy Tuck procedure?
Similar to all other cosmetic procedures, Tummy Tuck may or may not be suitable for all individuals. Cosmetic surgeons note that this procedure could be administered for the following instances.
– For individuals who have excess fat and skin problems where natural alternatives like exercise and diet are not that effective.
– For individuals who have sagging and loose skin as a result of an intensive weight lose program, surgeries and operations like liposuction, from pregnancy, or simply due to the natural course of aging.